End of Year News and Giving
2013 Here We Come!
And boy was 2012 a wonderful and wild ride, we couldn’t have done it without you…
And won’t be able to continue into 2013 without you as well…Please consider making an end of year tax deductible donation to the scrappiest, educational collaborative, community based independent film going into production in the New Year!
* In July of 2011 were granted subsidized office space in the incubator program at the 9^th Street Independent Film Center
* In August of 2011 we received a grant to underwrite our basic operations
* In the winter of 2011 we became an official collaboration of City College of San Francisco
* In January 2012 we hired our first student interns, and have since worked with over 35 students from City College
* In October we launch our $20,000 Kickstarter campaign and exceed our goal in November!
* We were offered, and successfully won, a $10,000 matching grant from a family foundation pending the success of our Kickstarter campaign
* In October we attached the talented and award winning Director of Photography, Frazer Bradshaw
* The Saltwater script has been shared with, and received resounding support from noted actors. We will be announcing names the week of January 14^th…
* This month we decided to move ahead with Sarah Kilban of International Talent Casting as our Casting Director ensuring we will put the right chemistry on the screen
* We have entered into a formal collaboration with Goodwill Industries; they are working with us to supply all of our costumes and props. We are all looking forward to our Red Carpet appearances, dressed by Goodwill!
* And much, much more—stay tuned!
* We launch production February 14^th or 21^st, we will announce official start date soon
* Our shoot at the Salon Sea is slated for March 17^th
* We have been invited to host a work in progress screening at the San Francisco Green Film Festival in June
We have successfully raised $80,000 of our $190,000 budget. All of our teams, from Solicitations and Donations, to Grant writing and Fundraising, are working as hard as they possibly can to make sure we have the support we need to complete production. Anything you can do to help make the Saltwater Team vision come to life is deeply appreciated.